Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Wednesday, January 28, 2015

HERE WE GO: MESSY and WILD in 2015

 
 
Hello, blog world! Etsy world and business world!
I'm BAAAAACCCCKKKKKKK!
 
So, 2014: not my favorite year.
Lets just leave it at that.
 
I had a lot going on in my personal life ( and while I usually do....)
this time, I needed to close the shop and focus on the core of just
gettin' through the year.
(...and I did, barely....
right, mom?)
 
Anyways, now that it's over....here we are.
A fresh new year,
and a fresh new direction for Ellarye Boutique.
 
I want this year to feel really organic and get back to the basic roots of why I am an artist and a creator. I see the world differently; all artists do. I did take a few magical trips this past year to see oceans....California and Florida...and was uber inspired. To pare it down : I am inspired by nature...I am inspired by the ocean.
I love being outdoors and that is when I feel the most inspired to create.
Someday I am going to take up oil painting... ;)
but for the meantime I'll stick to the medium I know best: fabric.
 
I think I've learned a lot about myself this past year.
I am a non-traditional business owner.
I spend some time once and a while reading other shop owners/small biz owners blogs.
And many of them are similar....
they stick to a schedule, to a routine.
It's the whole "wake up at 5:45 every day....go to bed at 10:15 every night" deal.
 
The thought that if I do not do that as a mom, or as a business owner I am not fulfilling my best purpose. Now I know there are different personality types and I understand why many people work best this way...
I have come to realize: I do not.
I feel chained to schedules. I feel dead inside when I cannot weave through my day as it comes.
I am disorganized, messy, creative.
I am a jumble of thoughts and deeds and words and art.
And that is me, and it is beautiful.
 
I am here to tell you I have been a mother for 8 and a half years,
and I have never lived as many other moms have lived...
with those planners and post it notes and perfectly doodled calendars.
At times I have wanted to and I have tried!
Maybe life would be simpler if I was more organized...
but I think some individuals have trouble living like that.
It is not ME.
My mind does not work like that.
At least, that is what I have been telling myself.
I have run a completely successful business doing it my own way.
 
You don't have to fit into a mold, or follow anyone else's plans for your day to be successful.
That is merely surviving.
 
Thrive. Be a mermaid. Be a little crazy. Be wild. Be adventurous. Be free. Roam.
Be unpredictable. Make something.
LET GO.
Do what you need to do, but take time to ENJOY this life.
 
As I've thought about this year, 2015, and the crazy that 2014 brought me:
it will reflect in my shop.
I've changed, and I won't try to fit into a box of what I am supposed to be.
I won't allow my shop and the outlet of my creativity to fit into a mold.
 
I am going to be taking risks and trying new things.
I see so many copycats of my original designs on Etsy but it doesn't bother me.
We all know who invented the rolled rosette bouquet, don't we?
;)
 
 
So this year, hang on for the ride.
And I hope this inspires some of you out there to take something and claim it.
If you want to be a writer, BE it.
If you want to be great, BE it.
If you want to travel, DO it.
If you think you are an artist, you ARE.
 
There you go. I just gave you the power.
Be messy and go out there and do something cool.
 
As for me, I'll be here embracing everything unorganized, messy and wild........
 
 
 
 
 
 
lets take this ride of 2015 together.
 
 
xx
e

1 comment:

  1. Hello Emily. so good to know you through your profile on the blogger and I am also glad to stop by your blog post and know who you are and what you believe. The beautiful flowers look so natural. We would love to have you come and teach women in the slum how to make those flowers. I am in the Pastoral ministry for last 35yrs in the great city of Mumbai, India a city with great contrast where richest of rich and the poorest of poor live. We reach out to the poorest of poor with the love of Christ to bring healing to the broken hearted. We also encourage young people as well as adults from the West to come to Mumbai on a short / long term missions trip to work with us in the slums of Mumbai during their vacation time. We would love to have you come to Mumbai with your friends to work with us in the slums of Mumbai during your vacation time. My email id is : dhwankhede(at)gmail(dot)com and my name is Diwakar Wankhede. Looking forward to hear from you very soon. God's richest blessings on you.

    ReplyDelete