Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, March 26, 2012

INTRODUCING:So.....You Wanna Start a Handmade Business? (A New Series)

I've learned a LOT of things during this business journey of mine...and though this blog I want to share what I've learned and help other (mamas especially) women start or grow their own indie businesses.

From the mom I just met at the fabric store to the mom I met in line at the post office the other day, it seems like lately I've been surrounded with women who are attempting/aspiring for their own small businesses. Whether you make wreaths, cake pops, tutus, hair clips or crocheted monkeys, here are three important reminders.

* people will buy what you have to sell.

*If you like what you make, chances are that someone else out there will like what you make.

*dont second-guess yourself. If you think your items are the coolest thing since sliced bread, your blog/shop/facebook page will automatically reflect that. it's all about passion, baby! (I'm not talking about arrogance. I'm talking about knowing what you are worth/what your items are worth/spreading the vibes that you are proud of your handmade items because a heck of a lot of time, care and love went into them.)

I'm going to be starting a series called "So...You Wanna Start a Handmade Business?"

It will have my personal small busines story interspered with a ton of tips, ideas, and mistakes I've learned and made along the way.

I hope this series inspires you to seize the day.

Handmade is HOT right now - why not grab a piece (or chunk) of the pie for yourself?

Next in the Series: The Name Game and some Basics

Coming Tomorrow ... This headband cost me 2.00 to make with supplies from the Dollar Store! I'll show you step by step how to make your own!


xo

No comments:

Post a Comment