Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Sunday, September 9, 2012

Weekend Link: Hey, Fat Girl ...



Whoa...
when I came across this blog post today (I'm linking to it below) it seriously moved me.
I've been a runner for over 10 years and at many different weights...
from very thin to much heavier than I have liked...
I've run in multiple states, different seasons and seasons of life...
I've run fast at times, slow at times -
sometimes felt like a pro and like I could run forever...
but more often,
sometimes felt like I wasn't getting anywhere,
like I looked silly running,
like I had so far to go.
But I still ran.

My ankle has so much metal in it and is so messed up now from surgeries that now I don't know if I'll be able to run again. I started running again a month ago and my ankle started screaming in agony.
I don't want to feel like I'm scraping against glass in my ankle when I take a step.
It freaks me out knowing how much metal is in my leg and I am terrified of tripping, falling again, or twisting my ankle.

All that to say, I. LOVE.TO.RUN.

And I miss running.

It is cheaper than therapy and one of the best ways I know how to spend an hour.
Alone with my thoughts, the sound of my feet hitting the gravel and fresh air.

So when I read this blog post, I was really moved, just like the thousands of other people who read it since it went viral.

Check it out and remember -
the journey of 1,000 miles begins with a single step.

click below to read -
hey, fat girl ...

No comments:

Post a Comment